Friday, December 30, 2011

Shakti unveils Nritya Shakti



Zee TV’s Dance India Dance has helped many young talented dancers make a mark for themselves. The very talented and versatile Shakti Mohan, winner of Dance of India Dance Season 2, added another feather to her cap by launching her very own Dance Calendar 2012. The uniquely designed calendar titled ‘Nritya Shakti’ contains 12 stunning dance expressions by Shakti. The calendar has been conceptualized by Shakti and shot by internationally acclaimed fashion photographer Pravin Talan. MD and CEO of ZEE, Mr. Punit Goenka along with many of Shakti’s well wishers from the entertainment Industry including her Guru’s – Terence Lewis, Remo D Souza, Geeta Kapoor and Sandeep Soparkar, celebrated choreographer Marzi Pestonji and Ganesh Hegde were present at the occasion.

Shakti’s dancer and model sister, Mukti Mohan has designed Shakti’s costume and look for the calendar along with stylist Josie.  On reaching this milestone, an elated Shakti said, “Dance India Dance has been a platform that has changed my life and given me so many new opportunities. It was Pravin Talan, a photographer of International repute and known for his photo shoots with Fashion TV, who suggested that I should make a dance calendar. I requested him to profile some of my creative dance steps. I’m proud to launch this one of a kind calendar as it’s the first by a dancer and I could not have done it without the support of Zee TV.” 

Mr. Ashish Golwalkar, Non Fiction Head Zee TV, said, “I extend my heartiest congratulations to Shakti on the launch of her calendar. Through DID, she has waltzed her way into people's hearts with her dance moves and maintained her undying passion for dance even after winning the title. Zee TV as a platform has always helped and encouraged young artistes in their endeavors like Debojit Saha, Raja Hasan, Anik Dhar, Ranjeet Rajwada, Dharmesh Sir. My best wishes to Shakti for many more milestones.”

The calendar is an exclusive, limited edition item.  After the calendar launch, Shakti plans to go to New York and train further in international forms of dance. Adds Shakti, “I want to be known as a good dancer internationally also. This calendar is a stepping stone in my career. Launching a dance calendar required so much hard work and decision making. I never imagined producing something like this would be so taxing. If my sisters (Mukti Mohan and Niti Mohan) wouldn't have helped me, this calendar would not have probably seen the light of the day.”  Shakti is extremely excited about the current Season of Dance India Dance which is currently on air. She fondly says, “DID has given me all the confidence that a new artist needs. I’m enjoying DID Season 3 and will be glued to it watching new talent. The competition and rigor of this season is going to be even tougher than DID 2 because the Masters are ensuring that they select talent who will set a benchmark higher than the previous season. There’s nothing to beat DID on Indian television… the show that has given me so many highs in my career!”


No comments:

Post a Comment